We will be running our popular series of service design workshops in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane in July, and Wellington, NZ in August. These workshops will immerse you in human centred design, design thinking and service design.
The workshops in each city are spread across three days. You can either sign up for a specific day that suits your interests, or join us for all three days. Join us for an individual day for $625, or all three days for $1,800.
Key topics covered in day one include:
- Human centred design theory and processes
- Theory and practical experience of planning and conducting contextual research (recruitment, discussion guides, tips and tricks for observational research and interviews)
- Post research activities and deeper sense-making approaches
- Theory and practical experience of creating a current state journey map
- Tips and tricks for creating impactful journey maps that have longevity within an organisation
- How to use journey maps
Day one finishes at problem/opportunity framing.
Key topics covered in day two include:
- Problem/opportunity framing techniques
- Theory and practical experience of running concept generation workshops
- Approaches for prototyping and testing concepts
- Practical hands on experience of a variety of prototyping approaches
Key topics covered in day three include:
- Collaboration and co-design
- Stakeholder engagement
- Design walls and showcases
- Concept elaboration
- Collaborative prioritisisation
- Communicating the future vision using journey maps
What people say about our workshops
“I loved this 3 day workshop! Iain and Karina know their stuff, and have inspired me to think more holistically about using HCD principles and techniques. I feel confident I can influence and create change.”
“Thanks for a fun and informative introduction to Human Centered Design. Great facilitation and group activities. I really enjoyed the 3 day course.”
“So great to see/hear work with optimism and creativity having such meaningful impact in what can otherwise be dry business/gov strategies. Definitely received so many answered to roadblocks in our current customer focus and cultural change. Thank you.”
“This is the only service design course I know of that addresses the intersection between tools, socialisation and organisation/of project activities. You nailed it.”
“When asked “is there anything from the past 3 days that you think you could apply to your work?” …… I am struggling to think of anything that I won’t apply to work!”
Read more about Meld Studios design capability building services.
Canberra – 3rd – 5th July
See more details about Service design workshops (Canberra) and book tickets at Eventbrite.
Sydney: 10th – 12th July
See more details about Service design workshops (Sydney) and book tickets at Eventbrite.
Melbourne: 17th – 19th July
See more details about Service design workshops (Melbourne) and book tickets at Eventbrite.
Brisbane: 24th – 26th July
See more details about Service design workshops (Brisbane) and book tickets at Eventbrite.
Wellington: 7th – 9th August
See more details about Service design workshops (Wellington) and book tickets at Eventbrite.