Service design workshops (June and July)
Date(s) - 28/05/2019 - 18/07/2019
We are delighted to announce the latest round of our popular service design workshops. Please join us for one or all three days of theory, practice and fun around service design.
- Day One: Customer research and journey mapping
- Day Two: Concept generation and prototyping
- Day Three: Concepts to implementation – and other challenges
Register for the following locations:
- Sydney – June 11th to 13th
- Brisbane – June 25th to 27th
- Melbourne – July 9th to 11th
- Canberra – July 16th to 18th
Day One: Customer research and journey mapping
Day one provides a mix of practical theory and hands-on activities to learn and practice your skills at conducting customer research and using the resulting insights to generate current state customer journey maps for joined-up multi-channel experiences.
Key topics covered in day one include:
- Human centred design theory and processes
- Theory and practical experience of planning and conducting contextual research (recruitment, discussion guides, tips and tricks for observational research and interviews)
- Post research activities and deeper sense-making approaches
- Theory and practical experience of creating a current state journey map
- Tips and tricks for creating impactful journey maps that have longevity within an organisation
- How to use journey maps
Day one finishes at problem/opportunity framing.
Day Two: Concept generation and prototyping
Day two provides a mix of practical theory and hands-on activities to learn and practice your skills at concept generation, prototyping and future state mapping for joined-up multi-channel experiences.
Key topics covered in day two include:
- Problem/opportunity framing techniques
- Theory and practical experience of running concept generation workshops
- Approaches for prototyping and testing concepts
- Practical hands on experience of a variety of prototyping approaches
Day Three: Concepts to implementation – and other challenges
Day three explores the challenge of getting great concepts implemented within an organisation. The day covers a range of tried and tested techniques that create the right environment for good things to happen.
Key topics covered in day three include:
- Collaboration and co-design
- Stakeholder engagement
- Design walls and showcases
- Concept elaboration
- Collaborative prioritisisation
- Communicating the future vision using journey maps
Who is it for
These workshops are ideal for anyone tasked with helping their organisation become more customer-centred. This includes managers of innovation, UX, marketing, IT, products, and customer experience professionals, as well as start ups, business analysts, change managers, and in-house design teams.
Why learn from us?
- Our expertise is recognised and sought after
Our work wins prestigious awards. Meld Studios, in collaboration with the Meld Studios and Queensland Government’s One Stop Strategy and Implementation Office, won the 2018 won the Good Design Award® of the Year for the Growing Human-Centred Design Across Queensland Government project. The 60th Good Design Awards attracted record entries of 536 innovative designs with 269 projects receiving the coveted Good Design Award®. Of these, there were 30 Best in Class Award Winners from which the Good Design Award® of the Year was chosen. Over the past year our people have been invited to speak or deliver workshops across Australia, as well as in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Bogotá and across the US.
- We support Australia’s largest organisations
We work with many of Australia’s private and public organisations using Service Design to help them tackle their biggest challenges.
- We love to share what we’ve learned
We continually evolve our approach and we love to share what we’ve learned along the way. We use real life examples and encourage others to share their experiences and questions.
- Those who learn with us give us the thumbs up
“Thank you again for a wonderful workshop. I found it extremely engaging and highly informative. The balance between theory, examples and practical exercises was perfect and delivered in a way that was easy to understand.” Sydney 2016
About Meld Studios and the workshop team
Meld Studios is an award winning design studio with offices in Sydney and Melbourne. We seek to improve the everyday lives of people as they interact with the world around them.
We work with organisations such as Westpac, Queensland Government, Qantas, Telstra, The State Library of Victoria, the Australian Taxation Office and the Digital Transformation Agency to do just that.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What attendees said about our recent workshops
“I loved this 3 day workshop! Iain and Karina know their stuff, and have inspired me to think more holistically about using HCD principles and techniques. I feel confident I can influence and create change.”
“Thanks for a fun and informative introduction to Human Centered Design. Great facilitation and group activities. I really enjoyed the 3 day course.”
“So great to see/hear work with optimism and creativity having such meaningful impact in what can otherwise be dry business/gov strategies. Definitely received so many answered to roadblocks in our current customer focus and cultural change. Thank you.”
“This is the only service design course I know of that addresses the intersection between tools, socialisation and organisation/of project activities. You nailed it.”
“When asked “is there anything from the past 3 days that you think you could apply to your work?” …… I am struggling to think of anything that I won’t apply to work!”
Do you tailor and run your courses for organisations?
We can and have done for a number of organisations. Please email us at email@example.com for details.
What if I need to cancel?
We don’t offer refunds, however you can transfer your registration to a colleague.
What are the times for the days?
The workshops start promptly at 9am each day and run through until approximately 4:30/5pm.