Welcome Cybelle Ledez and Meld Studios Canberra!
We’re so excited to formalise our presence on the ground in ACT, as a Canberra-based service design agency, and welcome Cybelle Ledez a Principal Designer at Meld Studios Canberra.
Cybelle is well-known for her design leadership at DTA, Thinkplace, ATO and the Department of Human Services (now Services Australia). Read more about Cybelle’s experience.
Meld Studios has enjoyed a strong relationship with the Australian Public Service (APS) and cultural institutions in Canberra for many years. We’re excited to have a permanent team on the ground here to expand these relationships.
Upcoming in Canberra we have our:
- Three-day Introduction to Human Centred Design course
- Official launch party! It will be in July. Sign up to our newsletter to receive more information about this.
Below are some sample service design projects to help you understand more about our history with the APS and in Canberra.
The changing landscape of our policy world demands a rethink of the traditional way we approach policy. We are working with the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet to design a program to uplift policy capability of the APS to meet complex policy challenges now and in the future.
Our first policy project — co-creating the Delivering Great Policy Framework — won a Good Design Award in 2020. Judges said:
“This is a great example of human centred design in action. The output created new, shared, practical tools and processes to reinforce new ways of working for better policy design. Good penetration into a government agency, given this can be hard. Useful, practical and easy to use site that brings in DT into policy making. demonstrates the presence of some pre-conditions that are reassuring. A project has the potential to have a significant impact on all Australians. The project has been clearly framed and communicated. It would have been useful to see how the framework has been deployed in the APS.”
Meld’s other federal government projects include:
- Co-creating ASIC’s Financial Wellbeing Network, Good Design Award 2020
- Coaching the ABS to deliver digital services
- Austrade service design (research, concept generation, prototyping)
- Department of Energy and Environment internal ways of working
Projects to inform customer experiences with cultural institutions and the built environment (in ACT and other states) include:
- National Gallery of Australia online strategy
- Australian Museum digital experiences
- State Library of Victoria service model, Good Design Award 2015
- Transport as a service, Good Design Award 2019
If you’d like to know more about working with Meld - as a client or as a Meldster - connect via hello@meldstudios or sign up to our newsletter for regular updates.